Status
Not open for further replies.

samy81

Electrical
Nov 13, 2008
AE
Hello Everyone,

I hope that my message finds you well.
I am looking for datasheet that shows the characteristic of the following overhead line conductors (Copper 100mm, Copper 70mm and Copper 32mm)
Any one can help, it would be greatly appreciate it

Thank you in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are two type of bare copper conductor :soft drawn and hard drawn.
Soft drawn standard goes up to 1000 sq.mm [approx. 42 mm diameter] [IEC 60228]
Hard drawn [DIN 48201] it is up to 500 sq.mm [29 mm diameter].
For such a large cross section-3000 sqr.mm[70 mm diameter] and 6000 sqr.mm[100 mm diameter] you have to order from a manufacturer as Southwire, Nexan, Okonite, Kerite, Doha and other.
In my opinion no one has a stranding machine of more than 91 bobbins and more than 4 mm strand wire it is very hard to work.

If it's an overhead line it would be hard drawn copper.
The rating depends on the design operating temperature of the line, ambient temperature, solar intensity and wind speed. Is it ratings you are looking for, or physical parameters?

Regards
Marmite

Folks,
Samy81 may have meant 100mm^2, 70mm^2, 35mm^2 (Reminds me of the Mars orbiter that...didn't). Whether the diameter, stranding, or c.s.a is the nice round number seems to vary by manufacturer; Nexans have 70mm^2 (stranding 19/2.14mm) as standard size, while for Dulmison the comparable standard metric is probably the 19/2.00mm stranding at 59.7mm^2...they also quote the equivalent aluminium area of 93.6mm^2.
JD

Hello Guys,

Sorry Guys for the confusion, I meant Copper 100mm2, Copper 70mm2 and Copper 32mm2. I am mainly looking for the resistance

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back