Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy Parameter from model to model

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkanj

Mechanical
Jun 25, 2005
IL
Hi,

Is there is option to copy a Parameter from one model to other.

Thanks
Elkanj

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have an assembly containing your parts you can chow parameters in the model tree and then copy them from part to part. That's the easiest way I know.

You can also make a relations file with all the parameters, read it into a part to create the parameters. Then after creating the parameters, delete the relations so you can modify the parameter values. If you don't do this last step the parameters are locked by the relations.

Left click out to the left of the parameter.
Hit control-C
Left click out to the same spot on the model you want to copy to.
Control V.
Pretty easy.

David

The case is that I am having casting and machining part,
I having a copy gemotry from the casting part to the machining part, I also need to copy one of the of the parameters from the casting,so if the parameter of the casting will be change we will see it the machaning part.

It is too late for this now, but when originally making the part, you can create the casting model, then use it as a base for the machining. In your machining model import the casting, and apply your machine operations too it. This way the two parts are tied such that any change to the casting will be applied to the machining on regeneration.

You could also accomplish the same thing in a single model by using either a family table or representations.
-AAFuni

Thanks for your reply aafuni.

How I can copy one of the Parameters from the casting. I know that the gemotry will be change because they are tied.
I have to use this Parametr in a Drawing note.

Thanks
Elkanj

Well you also could use a common txt file with all your parameters in it, then have both models read the file. That way you can just change the txt file.
-Funi

Hi,

I am working with PDMLINK 9.1. I having number of worksapces , Can I serch for item in all my workspaces?

Thanks
Elkanj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back