Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy/Paste Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaolsen

Mechanical
Nov 30, 2004
US
I am using MathCAD 2000 Professional on Windows XP.

The problem that I am having is that it behaves badly when I am using the copy/paste function, especially copy. Sometimes it works fine; sometimes it reports an error, doesn't copy, but keeps running; sometimes it locks up and I have to use Task-Manager to kill it; and sometimes it crashes MathCAD.

Has anyone else experienced these probelms? Better yet, has anyone found a solution?

Thanks in Advance...

Erik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What antivirus program do you have. It was either 2000 or 2001 that had an incompatibility with Norton AV. Something to do with the script blocking.

TTFN

I am using Mathcad 2000 on Win2K and Norton AV. I have a similar problem but it is not catastrophic. Only it takes 10 minutes or so to cut (or copy) but is quicker to paste. In these agonising 10 minutes, PC is nearly hanged, lifeless to whatever you push, punch or hammer. We are upgrading to V12 and hope this gets solved out.

I believe Mathcad 2000 and XP are not fully compatible. I had many probelems with mathcad 2000 PRO with XP home edition until I moved to Windows 2000 PRO. Mathcad 2001 is more compatible with XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back