Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy reused patterns along with constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

suresh070379

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2014
IN
Hi,
Today, I need to copy the entire product into another assembly. I copied all the children along with the constraints by enabling constraint copy through OPTIONS. But, reused patterns didn’t copy from that product. So, I was needed to work again on patterns. Is there any setting available in OPTIONS to copy reused patterns also from one product to another. Kindly give any idea. Will it work by using power copy.
Suresh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Suresh,

I am not fully understanding what you are trying to do, but would it make sense to do a "Send To" of the product? Then add as component into the desired assembly? That should keep all links and such that are within the product.

Kevin

Hi kevin,
If we do like that, that entire product will go inside my assembly. Then, the structure will be one parent assembly, then again one parent assembly, then more than 200 children parts. But, for me, the reference assembly should replace the target assembly so that only one parent assembly should be there. Inside that all constraints and reused patterns should available. if we keep the second parent assembly, we need to save that also in smart team.
Suresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back