Copy to clipboard failed error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndarama1

Structural
Jan 26, 2016
SS
Hi colleagues,
I have got some issue with copying and cutting part/whole of my drawings in Autocad and pasting it to the same or other drawing of the same Autocad version (Autocad 2016). Each time I try copying I get the message "copy to clipboard failed". I have tried to run the Audit and purge commands and fixed some errors in the original drawings but the problem still persists. I also tried to use the proxygraphics command to create the whole objects I want to copy as Wblock but that option doesn't seem to solve my problem though I could eventually get the objects transferred. Anyone with a solution to this problem can help.
#This seemingly simple problem is killing my time to do alot of things.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did it work last week? Have you changed anything in your hardware or software? Do you have enough memory? Are you using a clipboard utility? What operating system? Have you rebooted recently? You can XRef one drawing into another and it will only bring in model space objects. You can wblock to disk and then insert into the new drawing. Are you trying to copy too much? What types of objects are you copying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back