Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Copying a sketch from one file to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

eholmes

Mechanical
Nov 19, 1999
US
Is it just me or does something odd happen to a .sec sketch when it's copied from one file to another?
I've tried copying a feature sketch from one file to another and on top of not being able to accurately position it it seems to change a few dimensions unintentionally. How do you copy feature sketches?

My problem involoves one feature from a previous part revision and I want to copy only that feature into the new part where many changes have been made.

Eholmes

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I think you might have a problem copying a feature lets say from Pro/e 2001 to WF2. I've copied features from one part to another part with pro/e 2001 using Copy Features with New Refs, FromDifModel or FromDivVers. I haven't tried to copy sketches (.sec files). Although, I've imported a .dxf file into a sketch with no problems. Let us know if you succeed.

Best Regards,

Heckler

Do you trust your intuition or go with the flow?

I also wish it was easier to position the sections from files or imported sketches. The changes are because of automatic constraints that are different than the original. For example a 1 degree line may become a horizontal line.

I have not come up with a solution but maybe if you use WF2 you can copy the sketch as a feature instead of using the .sec file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back