Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying an asmbly without the previous cosmos results

Status
Not open for further replies.

321GO

Automotive
Jan 24, 2010
NL
Hello Guys,

when saving an sambly under a different name(save as copy), SW also copies the previous cosmos results with it.

I only want the asmbly not the previous results, so no data under the simulation tab.

It's getting old to recreate the assembly again and again..

p.s. deleting the results in the new asmbly deletes the original results(same working directory).

Thx in advance for your help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi TheTick,

I had that thought too so I tried it this morning. I think it's misleading for as far as I can see, the Cosmos data for the parts is still there. What doesn't get copied over with Pack and Go is the reports. I guess that is printed type reports not the analysis data itself. Having said that, someone else may call me wrong.

I haven't had to deal with that issue too much. I don't clutter my master design models with FEA data. Too much bloat. I always make copies.

Interesting observation. I'll have to investigate (not before Monday).

The Cosmos study trees and setup are stored in the part file. The mesh and study results are saved in a .cwr file. Coping the part will always keep the study tree. The option only pertains to the .cwr file.

before you do the first cosmos study, copy the assy as cosmos01, leaving assy01 pristine. then when you get ready to do the 2nd cosmos, copy assy01 as cosmos02 ect, ect.. that way the original stays pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back