Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Copying Cells 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dik

Structural
Apr 13, 2001
CA
I've accidentally set a 'switch'. I'm using the Libreoffice Program (Excel workalike). When I copy cells, it is copying the value of the cell and not the formula for the cell and updating the data.

Clipboard01_tjim6q.jpg

The 6154 should be 6190 and not the value from the previous Saturday. In addition the 2024-03-16 should be 2024-03-23. Again, not the date of the previous Saturday. Can anyone offer a suggestion? It's copying the actual cell values, not the formula values. Something like a Copy Special action.

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Shift button is OK... There is a Paste Special and I can use it to past formulae... program used to default to this with <Ctrl><V>

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

I discover I don't know how to edit the keyboard shortcuts in Excel, and from a quick search I couldn't find anything that works in the latest version. The Microsoft instructions only seem to apply to Word.

Any ideas?

Doug Jenkins
Interactive Design Services

Thanks Dave... appears to do the trick. I don't know how I 'turned it off'.

-----*****-----

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back