Corrosion inhibitor injection point relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruz

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2007
AU
Hi Guys,

Our produced water from wells are having very high salinity than design spec. It was stressed to start the corrosion inhibitor to subsea. However, our client has problems with the subsea lines and suggested to utilise the existing pumps and run separate injection lines to topsides choke stream.

Besides considering what chemicals, injection rates, pump feasibility, injection quill etc. What other issues do I have to consider in the materials and corrosion engineering side of things?

Thanks you in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

you said that the salinity is higher than expected, but i don't understand how this is related to the necessity to inject inhibitor. i mean the issue is higher corrosion rate or chemistry, chloride i think, higher then expected? it's a problem that you can solve with an inhibitor or you need a change in material?
i think you should first understand what is the problem and then how to control it.

S

Corrosion & Rust Prevention Control

Hi All,

At the moment, that is what i recieved in the report. In the process of getting more accurate information.

What's your suggestion if the problem is high salinity? Change of material? Any other mitigation methods?

Thanks again! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back