Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COSMOSWORKS 2006 or 2007 - Time History graphs for transient thermal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSDF4

Mechanical
May 26, 2007
US
I am trying to determine if Cosmos 2006 or 2007 can output time history graphs for transient thermal/heat transfer analysis.
As far as I can tell the software can only do this for nonlinear and drop test analyses. So, the software can plot the temperature of a model at every time step, but can't plot such temp. on a 2D graph?? It seems like a very very basic/obvious capability which should be in there, but I can not establish if this is so or not from discussing with colleagues...can anyone shed some light into this?
Is there a workaround possibly so that temperature does not have to be written down for each step manually and typed into a spreadsheet?? With a lot of steps this could get ridiculous....can the same be done for min/max values, as well as sensors (2007 version)?

Can maybe cosmos floworks do this??

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi!
I think what you need to do is to use the probe option. generate a thermal plo t at any time step. right click on the name of the plot when it is active and slect 'probe' .select a point and click on the 'response' button on the left 'probe result' dialogue box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back