Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COSMOSWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony1234

Mechanical
Dec 20, 2004
US
Anybody familiar with it?
I'm considering purchasing, but I want to know just how user friendly it really is.
Also, how versatile is it? What won't it let me do? I understand assemblies may not work so well.
Any feedback is great.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The Works version comes with SW 2005--it's integrated, so there's nothing to purchase. Full Cosmos is a separate module you'd have to pay for.

Works will analyze single bodies--so it has no assembly capacity. Full Cosmos will do all sorts of things, including assemblies. Check out the SolidWorks web site for details.

Remember, with any analysis software, you'll only get results as good as what you tell it. If your assumptions are a tad off, your results could be off exponentially.

I ran a flex study on a nylon clip for the hand held horn on my web site and compared it with the part in reality. Very good results. I got stress point highlights, range of motion with the given forces, displacement of body plots, etc.--all with Cosmos Works. I was impressed. I think you can analyse mold flow with given materials as well.

Jeff Mowry
Reality is no respecter of good intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back