Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cost estimation for small pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

donmackenzie

Chemical
Nov 29, 2002
CA
Can anyone recommend a source order-of-magnitude estimates for small-scale pilot / large bench scale (e.g. 10 kg/day) equipment? For example, I'm looking for compressors in the 1 kW range, vessels of several liters, and so on. For that matter, can you name any suppliers for equipment this small?
Thanks very much.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a tough question. In my experience most pilot plants are assembled from existing equipment, often in R&D labs. They can string together existing equipment to handle many diverse jobs. Sometimes the major equipment does not have to be moved, it is just piped up differently. Since its a pilot plant it needs losts of meters and samplers. You could probably get a quote from or at least some guidance. Sorry I can't be more helpful, but like I said, its a tough one. HAZOP at

The are a number of companies specializing in pilot plant design and fabrication who could provide you with the costing information you identify in your message. In addition to the suggestion made by "owg", you could also check out Good luck with your pilot plant project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back