Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cost Justification for Injection Molding Machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alelo

Mechanical
Dec 3, 2002
CO
I would like to make a cost justification for the purchase of one injection molding machine of 700 TON. My prospects to compare are between:

· Used machines
· Taiwan, Korean or Chinese machines
· First level machines (Engel, Milacron, Krauss, Husky)

What advantage and disadvantage, technology comparison, cost-benefit could you suggest.

Thank you for your comments, articles or links.

I appreciate your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Alelo:
First of all I would check out used presses that are less than 5 years old and preferably made in North America. I know of at least one company that purchased a Horizontal about the size you are looking for. They purchased the machine anticapating a contract they didn't get. If you will e-mail me I will send you details. The plastics industry (at least Automotive) is depressed right now and you may be able to get some great deals on fairly new equipment.
WoodOne

Woodyone

Not everyone in these forums lives in North America.

The Japanese and Western European's also make some excellent machines.

Some Korean and Chinese machines can offer good value for money, depending on where you are and your requirements.

The best value for money re machinery is closely linked to your particular mouldings and volume.

eg a sophisticated fast cycling machine like a Husky , Sandreto or Netstal is fine for high volume, thin section fast clcle work, but wasted on a thick section, slow cycle, low volume job, where any old clunker with a good ring check valve will do. Regards
pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back