Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cost of Tedds and benefits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikeandgolf

Structural
Jun 11, 2014
US
Our firm currently uses ENERCALC, but one of our new hires has recommended Tedds. Before I start the process of signing up for a 45-day trial and the probably hundreds of sales calls that follow, could anyone advise me on what the price is? I've spent a fair amount of time trying to search online for a cost and can't find one. I've read some of the comparisons between ENERCALC and Tedds, so I have somewhat of an idea of the pros/cons of Tedds, in comparison to ENERCALC...but if anybody who has used both would like to chime in, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, Dave. I got those results as well. But those costs are for their main, most powerful software. I'm looking for a cost for their Tedds software, which I'm expecting to be a fraction of the cost of Tekla's main software.

That gives you have an upper limit on the price. When software sellers don't post a price that means it is subject to a negotiation with the seller over what the price will be and that will depend on how much other software you buy from them. Since it costs money to negotiate it will be at least $2,000. It won't matter what else anyone paid for it.

Not surprising, the question isn't a new one.

A friend of mine was recently quoted approximately $4k for the license, plus $1k/yr maintenance. Alternatively, about $200/mo for a rental.

----
just call me Lo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back