Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

coupled fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

srosset

Electrical
Feb 10, 2005
CH
Hello,

I am trying to do couple physics using physics files. I calculate a force , and then apply it to a structural model with the LDREAD function. Then I recalculate the force using the new geometry and after that I need to re-run the structural analysis and so on until convergence is reached.

My question is how do I apply the new force for the 2nd (3rd etc.) structural analysis?
I tempted to restart the structural analysis from the state I left it after the first run (i.e. keeping the deformed shape) and applying the new force in one step. But this does not work, for ANSYS seems to assume that the deformed shape is the equilibrium state (i.e. no force required to reach this point) and deformation gets bigger at every iteration.
So should I completely restart the structural analysis starting from the UN-deformed geometry?
To me it seems strange, and I'd think it would be more precise to restart the structural analysis from where I left it, but just changing the value of the force applied according to the latest results coming from the other physics analysis.

chapter 2.5.2 of the Coupled-field analysis guide in the help says it is better to restart a structural analysis, rather than starting over, and that it should be possible using the /ASSIGN command, but don't quite get it

If someone could give me a hand on this, I'd be very thankful.

Samuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back