Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Coupled Structure-Acoustic Analysis (Spherical Domain with a Vibratory Plate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephX

Aerospace
Nov 22, 2012
US
Hi

A question on the Coupled Structure-Acoustic analysis on Abaqus. My goal is to calculate the acoustic pressure field in a half air spherical domain excited by a vibratory plate.

My model is like:
1. I created a relative large air domain which is a half spherical domain, because my interested frequency range is large too. Also, an uniform plate model.
2. These two domains has been assigned the materials as air and Al respectively. And mesh are AC3D20 for acoustic and C3D20 for the plate.
3. the attached surface for air domain and the plate by using tie constraint which is recommended by abaqus because if this is applied the meshes from air domain and the plate won't need to share the same nodal in other words they can be mismatched mesh.
4. the interaction has been set as acoustic impedance in terms of nonreflecting boundary which have been set to outer surface of the air domain and bottom surface but not including the surface has been attached the plate so that there is no need to setup interaction properties.
5. Load has been added a unit concentrated force at the center of the plate, the direction is out of air domain.
6. the boundary condition for the vibratory plate is fixed-fixed.
7. Analysis is Steady-state dynamics direct.

After applying these setups and a long time calculation even for just several frequencies, the result was strange since we did not see the radiation throughout the air domain but only within a very small region close to the plate.

Anyone has some experiences on Coupled structure-acoustic analysis by using abaqus? will you point out any mistakes in my model or processes?

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back