Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Covert to PDF script 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

layloban

Mechanical
Oct 17, 2003
US
Hi,

Could anyone help me on a script to convert dwg file to pdf format? I have about 200+ dwg that I need to convert. I have acrobat distiller installed already. My problem is that I do not know how to write the script to specify the save command when the file dialog box comes up. I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can post a sample pdf conversion script. Thanks a lot!

Chan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Lothar,

I'm using AutoCAD 2004. I understand I need to plot to acrobat distiller. However, at the end of the process it will prompt you to enter the file name and/or location to save the pdf file. I'm trying to write a script to automate this but I do not know how to bypass this prompt. I greatly appreciate it if you have any solution. Thanks!

-Chan

You want to take a look at PDF995, we use it and it is freeware.

BU

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

Hi layloban,

Did you ever get an answer to your question - I know exactly what you want but have not been able to break the dialog in the script or in the bacth plot. I produce hundreds of drawings and to creat pdfs in one hit would save so much more time.

layloban

I agree with borgunit. PDF995 is a great little tool for creating pdf's. In essence, you go through your normal plot procedure and pick PDF995 as your printer although I have'nt tried it in conjunction with a batch utility but it may be worth a try using the one smcadman mentioned.

Get PDF995 at
Haggis

Hi CadDraftee,

I did figure it out and I know how to change the destination folder now. I use acrobat distiller to create PDFs. If you go to the settings>>Printers, go to properties of acrobat distiller, you will find a "Port" tab and from there you can create a new port with a user defined folder.
To disable the dialog box, open AutoCAD with any drawing. Go to File->> Plot, Select Acrobat Distiller and go to Properties. Select Custom Properties, and uncheck "View Results in Acrobat" and "Prompt for the PDF Filename"

Hope this helps.

-Chan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back