Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cowboys Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the owners of the "35000" structures which these people built worldwide are taking notice.

Yet another fine example of a non-engineer calling engineering shots. Geez...where will it stop?

I disagree, this is good. The guilty have no where to hide and justice will prevail. The facts of this case should be taught to future engineers.

Teguci

While I am not sure if the article is entirely true, you don't think this puts a black mark on the engineering profession?

No institution should ever be considered above the truth (we keep making that mistake). Yes, this puts a black mark on the engineering profession, but how could that be a bad thing? I believe humility is a rare but necessary ingredient for a good engineer. In this case, the design team displayed considerable arrogance and disregard for the truth we, as engineers, have to struggle with. Let's learn humility at their expense.

Doesn't put a black mark on the people who are doing it correctly. If anything, hopefully will convince owners to not just go with cheapest option. Make sure your engineers are not only credentialed and licensed, but also experienced. And there's nothing wrong with peer review. It costs a lot less than settlements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back