Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CP 4000 prima resonator blower eating bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

krugtech

Industrial
Feb 3, 2010
US
I have a friend with a CP 4000 prima. It has a becker turbo like the ones used in the Bystronic. The problem is this customer had to put 4 sets of bearings in the turbo in only 5 years. Is this normal? we get pretty good lfe on the bearings in the beckers used in the bystronic and I think it's the same blower. Bystronic spins theirs at 370hz, anyone know what freq they drive the prima with? They had the first 2 sets replaced under warrenty but when the warrenty ran out they had to pay. I'm thinking they sould have given him another blower while the machine was in warrenty, this one must be out of balance too badly. it's sad as I'm sure Prima could have just got it warrentied through becker.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello i am from sweden,we have two prima cp 4000w (domino) the bearings has a lifetime about 16000 hours (i think) we have also changed them a number of times.the service support tells us that we work with max power most of the time so the bearings doesn`t hold any longer,that is bullshit i think,one of the changes was a warranty,our machines is 5 and 6 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back