Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crashing Assembly after part change

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDKevin

Mechanical
Feb 24, 2011
US
Hi all,

I was changing some surfaces on a part in an existing assembly today and had crashed SW with the delete face tool (as usual). After I restarted SW and tried to open the assembly SW crashed again. The part I was working on opens fine and has no errors. Both files were saved shortly before the crash. I still can't open my assembly. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

I can rebuild it but I didn't create it in the first place so I'm bound to miss things. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Zip and send the files to your VAR for a review and possible fix.

Meantime, if you haven't already, I suggest a clean uninstall and reinstall of SW. The Delete face tool (or any other tool) should not (as usual) cause a crash.

Is there a reason for editing the part within the assy, rather than opening the part separately?

Of course you could always just open yesterdays backup copy and ... you do have backup copies ... right? [smile]

Unfortunately I don't have time for my VAR to see it before i need to have it completed.

My Delete face tool crashes SW about 1/4 the time I use it, which is frequently. I always save before using it. I have 2009 SP1 because my company doesn't want to pay for the service contract.

I wasn't editing the part in the assembly. Sorry for the confusion. I often have the assembly open in the background so i can see how well it fits. We do consumer design so everything has to match up nicely with all the curves.

I do have a back up but I hate back tracking with the surfacing. Oh well.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back