Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a jogged extension line not dimjogline 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankreid

Mechanical
Mar 9, 2007
US
Need to create a dimension that is shown but the extension lines are on another line, not precisely what I want. I need the command that will let me point the extension line to the right place then "jog over" a little to get it off the other line. Clear as mud? Need some help here.

Frank Reid
Reid Engineering Services of Utah

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not quit clear. Right click and then left click on the dimension --> "Dim Text position" --> "Move with Dim line" and then move it, provided that's what you mean.

Left click the dimension then use the grips to move the text?
Use DimBreak to break the dimension line?
Hard to know what you need...

I didn't make myself clear. Maybe this attachment will show what I want. When the extension lines are close to another object but I want to move them away from it I would use a "jog" in the lines. Maybe I'm using the wrong word. Here is what I meant.

Frank Reid
Reid Engineering Services of Utah

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=3875babb-36bb-4000-935b-a0fe83779e81&file=DIMENSION_EXAMPLE.dwg
Nothing in AutoCAD for this. But, what I do is leave the dimension associative, turn off the extension lines and draw my own polylines for the jogged extension lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back