Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

create a solid from a closed sheet body

Status
Not open for further replies.

aafuni

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2009
US
I am relatively new to cadkey and was wondering, what is the best way to create a solid body from a closed sheet body. It seems that the prune feature might work for this, but every time I just end up with a copy of the selected surfaces rather than a solid.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What version are you using? In KeyCreator you should be able to “heal” the sheet bodies into a solid. Under Tools> Maintenance> Heal body, then select stitch multiple surfaces into a solid.

Thanks moldcore but I have tried this method with no luck. It completes with only 94% healed and as such it doesn’t create the solid. I now realize that my problem must be due to corrupt features and shared edges. Currently I am working to clean up as many of the bad surfaces in the model as I can and hopefully it will eventually work...

I hate working with models that other people made with who knows what.

Many times a 94% healed body is good enough for most modeling operations. I know what you mean by using other system models though. We work with models made by other systems about 95% of the time. By the time they are translated through 2 or more programs they get a little disjointed. From years of experience I’ve found that any model that heals above 89% will work 98% of the time. It’s that other 2% that will drive us nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back