Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create MassPropMass Attribute without changing old parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon1975

Industrial
Aug 13, 2012
AT
If i create a new part, the weight is automatically calculated and written into the attribut alias MAssPropMass (as defined in the customer defaults):
If i open an old part, (when creating this part, the MasPropMass was not existing) and save the file this Attribute will not be created (calculate weight is checked) also not if i press the update button manually. Only if i make a minimum change which influences the weight the MassPropMass Attribut will be created !
Is the a setting to force NX to an update ? (generate weight and override setting in the customer defaults is not helping)

Attached an example file.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=75721e89-b785-499f-b6dd-29dd84dd22aa&file=MassPropMass_updaten.PRT
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

I see that You have added attribute mass in attached part. Could you send some file with and without it? Or maybe send some movie? Maybe you need some journal to create this attribute " MAssPropMass" on every part you have, so It will be work? For example journal to search whole folder and check if file doesn't have this attribute, if so It will be created?

With best regards
Michael

Hello Michael,

thanks for your reply. We tested with several Parts (with and without Mass Attribute, etc. ...). Our only solution at the moment is to create a separate Tool which cycles through the parts and checks the existence of this attribute (as you suggested). I was only thinking maybe there is some NX setting which will do an update automatically....

Leon

I think, that in Your old models You have properties Mass, and in new ones You have MAssPropMass, so thats why NX doesn't recognize it. Customer defeult doesn't work behind, only to new created. You have some macro to add / change old ones to new.

With best regards
Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back