Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a temporary matrix in a DMAP ALTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

lusosa

Jun 4, 2018
BR
I am trying to create an alter where I generate a matrix and do something local and temporary with it. What I am doing right now looks like this:
MATGEN ,/TEMP/2/N
ADD TEMP,/X/3.0
Notice that X is a matrix already in the NDDL, but TEMP is not, it is something that I created temporarily for this solution.

When I don't declare TEMP in any TYPE DB statement, the solution doesn't run, and it creates the following message:
" *** SYSTEM FATAL MESSAGE 4276 (READ)
ERROR CODE 3021 PID= 0
*** USER INFORMATION MESSAGE 4276 (READ)
THE DIAG 44 RELATED A NASTRAN DUMP IS SENT TO LOG FILE.
USER ACTION: THIS INFORMATION MAY BE USEFUL TO MSC FOR DEBUGGING YOUR PROBLEM.
PLEASE CONTACT MSC CLIENT SUPPORT."

When I do declare it, it generates the UFM 146, saying I am referencing something that is "not in the NDDL". I don't understand what I have to do to "put something in the NDDL". I don't even understand what the NDDL is at the moment. Notice there is no need to save the A matrix after the run is over. The error message is the following
*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 146 (LINKTP)
A 'TYPE' STATEMENT DEFINES A DATABLOCK TEMP IN SUBDMAP SEAERO WHICH IS NOT DEFINED IN THE 'NDDL'
USER INFORMATION:
THIS ERROR MAY BE ISSUED IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
1. THE TYPE STATEMENT REFERENCES AN ITEM WHICH HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED
IN THE NDDL.
2. THE NDDL STORED IN THE USER'S MASTER DBSET IS INCONSISTENT WITH
THE NDDL AND DMAP STORED IN THE DELIVERY DATABASE; FOR EXAMPLE,
A DATABASE CREATED IN VERSION 66 OR 66A IS BEING USED IN A
VERSION 67 RUN.
ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF WHEN THIS ERROR WILL OCCUR IS WHEN A USER IS ACCIDENTALLY
ATTACHING TO AN OLD DATABASE, BECAUSE HE HAS RUN MULTIPLE JOBS WITH
THE SAME INPUT FILENAME, AND HE HAS ALSO CHANGED FROM A USS TO SSS
SOLUTION SEQUENCE OR VICE-VERSA. (E.G., SOL 24 TO SOL 101).

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out on my own. I was generating only the matrix trailer, not the actual matrix. That needs another command P1 = 1. Yeah, it was that simple...

Any help is appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No datablocks need to be defined in the NDDL to use them; you only need to get involved with the NDDL when you want things to persist on the database.

The NDDL is about item 5 million on the list of things to know about, so if you are just starting out with DMAP, don't be concerned with this now.

What do you want to achieve with the DMAP alters? It looks like you are trying to do an eigenvalue extraction (from the SFM 4276 message output by READ - Real Eigenvalue Analysis D size).

This group is probably not the best place to discuss DMAP alters. There is a Yahoo group specifically about DMAP alters over at where the planet's brain trust on the subject can be found. They won't give you training by email, but if you show that you tried things out, they can be extremely helpful.

If you are an insomniac, you can spend long nights reading the MSC DMAP Programmer's Guide from Simcompanion (more of a dictionary type reference than a how to), or buy the Programming DMAP in MSC Nastran book by Robinson at
DG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back