Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a third angle view and undoing 'shade' command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puchatek

Mechanical
Feb 26, 2007
GB
Hi

For a cursework we are required to creat a 3d autoCAD drawing of whatever. An indancescent light bulb in a case of mine. Lecturer wants us to include a third angle views of a drawing. I made it that way: created 4 vieports and, using earlier aranged ucss and plan command set a top view in upper right vieport, front in down left, right in left down and a some 3d projection in upper right corner. Could have done it with vpoint command but nevermind.

However when I showed my work to lecuturer, he claimed it isn't third angle view, as doesn's show hidden lines, etc. ( well, mailny hidden lines, can not thing of any etc. for the very mine drawing ).

I earlier shaded object, so indeed you couldn't see anything behind a surface.

The problems is, that, as I created drawing mainly using half-profiles and then revsurf'ing them, even unshading drawing ( which btw I don't know how to perform ) will not help much, as a great number of lines indicating surfaces of glass cover itself will completely blur any view of what's behind ( or more precisely - inside ). Any ideas of how can I tackle that?

Also few other questions I hope someone will be able to answer:
Can I possibly put more than 4 viewports on a drawing?
Ca I make a space that has surfaces confining it from all sides ( it's not open ) into a solid?
How to force autoCAD to make a section that will show what's behind cutting edge and not 'on' it? 'Section' command actually shows only a slice of solids that cutting edge came thru and as mine object is made up mostly of surfaces, section of it shows about only a tiny bit of actual drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back