Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating and Assigning Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveVan

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2002
US
Is there a way to assign a material to a part from a list.
Example: If I assign Steel to a part, I want it to ask what kind of steel: bar stock, flat Stock, or Sheet.
If I select bar stock I want to select from a list the available material types of bar stock we have in stock
(CF 1018). After I select (CF 1018) I want to select from a list the available diameters of the bar stock. I also want the assigned material to automatically fill out the parameter setting used in the drawing.
Thanks for any help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think that can be done without a custom developed application (i.e. Pro/Toolkit).

If you're feeling adventurous, take a look at Pro/Web.Link. It has commands for accessing and modifying parameters through Javascript written in a webpage (loaded up in the Pro/E browser).

Thanks for the replies. Just to let you guy's know I had 3 replies from the forum in the time it took Pro-e tech line to call me back. They said it might be possible with Pro tool kit but he wasn't sure. Thanks again for the fast response.

ProToolkit can do this. Assigning the material to a part is quite easy, but creating the database can take you some time.

-Hora

Steve,

if you chain a os mapkey in with another normal proe mapkey

ex;.... mapkey ed %wd;%tr;

and wd is a bat or exe.... proe waits till it's done to resume the mapkey tr

so you could use anything that compiles to a exe, gives you the ability to make choices and can write that to a .txt file ...vb,net,c,vbs..etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back