Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Bubble drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialtyMFG

Industrial
Feb 16, 2013
US
Does anyone use any kind of software to create bubble drawings from PDF's? I have a job coming up that has a 30 pg print and will require around 1500 bubbles. Ive never had to do anything this large before so I just did it by hand but I hope that's not my only option here. Any input, software or other method, is appreciated. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There is software like that can take PDF drawing files, add the inspection bubbles and numbers and automatically create inspection report forms. I have never used it myself.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

dgallup,

InspectionXpert is amazing. I took a 30 page print with over 1600 bubbles and did it in a day...and printed out the 101 page excel inspection document sheet to go with it. This software saved me I would guess around 40 hours on this one job. Im not sure it could have even been done by hand. Thanks so much.

Glad to hear it worked well for you. I have tried to get our QA department to try it but they are mired in the 20th century.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Have they had it quoted? I think it was very reasonable for how powerful it is. They will give you a free trial for 15 days with full access to everything. It was an easy sell for us. Im pretty sure it won over a new client for us...they had never had a vedor complete the First Article requirement on account of their large drawings and specific bubble drawing guidelines. It would have been impossible to do by hand. For example, I thought I was done after 1685 bubbles but my QC manager just told me I missed one! Before I would have had to restart, now I just insert the bubble where I need it and InspectioXpert renumbers everything for me. It takes a 20 min bubble drawing to just a couple once you are used to the software. Its amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back