Creating Drawing Section Views Without Sectioning Hardware Components 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorsionalStress

Mechanical
May 23, 2005
CA
Using CATIA V5R18;

When creating a section view in assembly drawings, is there a way to tell CATIA not to section hardware components such as nuts, bolts etc.?

Any response will be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I figured out that you can prevent sectioning components by the “overload properties” tab under the section function of the section view and choose the components one by one.

Is there anyway of telling CATIA before it creates the section view to eliminate the components you don’t want to section?

You could create a scene in assembly design. When you create your 2d View, select the scene and a projection plane. Only the scene items show in the drawing. This removes the dependance of hide/show attributes of the part when creating drawings. A small annoyance to scenes: any items added to the product is disregarded by the scene. You will need to delete and recreate the scene. It's not a show stopper to scenes but...

Win XP64
R20/21, 3DVIA Composer 2012, ST R20
Dell T7400 16GB Ram
Quadro FX 4800 - 1.5GB

I don't think scenes would give the desired effect here. The point is not to hide the fasteners, but to not section them. Fasteners are generally shown, but not sectioned, in a section view. This helps greatly with the clarity of the drawing. I believe the overload properties tab that you have already discovered is the intended tool for this task. Solidworks does this kind of thing really well, perhaps some of their approach will jump the cubicle wall and get integrated into CATIA soon.

CATIA V5 R20
PC-DMIS 2011 MR1

Hello everybody,

The way I do it is by right-clicking the desired part (when in the "Assembly design" workbench), Properties -> Drafting <tab> -> "Do not cut in section views".

Hope this returns a desired result.

Best of luck!

you can move mouse to the view and right-click, select view name, pick modify link and, catia will tell you get back assembly pick any part you want to link to that view( you can also apply link to another view too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back