Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creating dwg views from model view configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasinka

Mechanical
Mar 14, 2013
US
Hi all.

Please advise on methods available.
Given:
Assembly (large weldment) with multiple components. I need to make fab drawing at this assembly level for fab.
Drawing method:
Drawing will be abo 10 sheets long. I want to create drawings in the order which it will be fabed. That means.
Sheet 1 will have multiple views with 3 components (the rest need to be hidden) because these are first components welded together.
Sheet 2 will have original plus 3 more components.
sheet 3 will have all of the above + the next 5 components.
Each sheet will have top and side view and a other details or cross sections as necessary.

Questions:
Is there a method to hide selected components in modeling view and maybe save that view/configuration so that when I create base view and other projected views it will show only desired components on that sheet.
For the next sheet maybe i can save a different view with different hide/show configuration.

I tried:
I know there are "hide components in view" and I have used it in the drafting. however, when I have to go back and add a view or project a view I have to run the "hide component in view" command again for the newly added view.

Working in NX 10

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What you could do is make different Arrangements of the steps you have described. In each arrangement you hide the components which you don't want to see.
When you place a view you can select which arrangement you want to show.

Ronald van den Broek
Senior Application Engineer
Winterthur Gas & Diesel Ltd
NX9 / TC10.1.2

Building new PLM environment from Scratch using NX12 / TC11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back