Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating new / Editing Titleblocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlsna

Industrial
Oct 24, 2005
US
Greetings, Now that I have modeled the design, created parts and assemblies, I am creating production drawings and need to either create a new titleblock or tweek the SE std one to reflect proprietary disclaimers and company name. I have searched the help menus with no success. Please advise.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Greetings CorBlimeyLimey,
I am not sure how a SW website will help me with the SE titleblocks and changing the defaults.

thread562-92221 is a SE thread.

The smiley & FAQs listed are my standard signature.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites faq559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions faq559-1091

Okay, sorry, missed that detail. I got to the point of being able to turn on the background sheet and turn off the working sheet via the "View" drop-down, but when I go back to the working sheet, the name still shows SOLID EDGE, and not the info that I entered in. When I go back to the background sheet, it is still there. How do I make this a new working sheet company name change?

Got it, I needed to change it in all the sheet sizes. Now I just need to figure out how to make this the default that opens everytime I make a new drawing.

The default template is called Normal.dft. It is located in C:program Files\Solid Edge Vxx\Program\Template. You can also go to Tools/Options/File Locations and specify a user template location, but you will need a template for all SE filetypes that you intend to use in that location.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back