Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating Standard Parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic7200

Aerospace
Oct 14, 2013
I need to create many standard parts such as bolts,screws,washers most of them being NAS,MS and LN standards. I have two things in mind, please suggest the best way.
1. Do the models and add to catia library and use them when required.
2. Search for models online and use them.

If the second option is better then please suggest some sites from which i can procure these standards.Also, if I have to make the models, some information is not available for modelling. In that case how do i resolve the problem?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you aware of the catalog in Catia which shows some standard bolt, nuts, washers, screws, etc. in several specifiications? You might also want to check with your Catia subscriber and ask if they have a catalog add on for your specific specifications such as NAS, MS and so on.

Hello: sonic7200

Suggestion One:
You might find what you're looking for at They sell a hardware catalog and have a lot of training materials to create your own.

Suggestion Two:
Search this forum for hardware or catalogs you may find your request is not unique.

TSQMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back