Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creo 2 - Problem with Swept Blend

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasBS

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2010
BR
Trying to use the Swept Blend tool to bind those two areas marked in gay colors (Binding a square sketch and a circle sketch), but seems like Creo is trying to connect the opposed face of the square area... something like that...
I had to Add two Blend Vertex

In 3ds max, for those who know it, I could "invert normals" and the thing was fixed, but here we don't seem to have a similar tool.

Should I not be using Swept Blend for this ?

Any config to change ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This forum really needs an Edit button...

More information:
- I did not assign any blend control;
- Both Tangencies are free, whether in the future I would like to control the path those areas take to connect eachother;
- Tried do switch every arrow I could find, but the problem remains.

I would add the blend vertices manually in the sketches and "break" the sketch into the desired number of segments. For instance a circle will be created by Creo in two segments but a square will be created with four segments. For this I would add points to the circle sketch and break the two lines into four segments total. This way the blend will line up for the most part. It looks in your image like you don't have the correct starting point for both sections in the similar locations and the 'add vertex' option does not allow you to place them where you want as I described above which gives you the most control.

One other option is to use the "boundary blend" tool but that would require merging and solidifying for applications to solids. I think if you modify the circle sketch to include 4 segments and get rid of the automatic added vertices it should work...just remember to align the start points of the sections.

Hope that helps and good luck,

- J -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back