Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creo 3 Parametric 3D printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_b

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2019
GB
Hello
I recently started a new position at a company using Creo Parametric 3.0. I have a model the has a 15mm dia hole, the ID looks perfectly smooth on screen but 3d printed the hole ID is made-up of lots of small flat surfaces instead of being smooth. This is my first exposure to Creo Parametric I have used creo direct before and know that selecting/using facets sorts this issue out, but cannot find anything similar in creo 3 to remove the flats to create a totally round hole when printed.
Thanks in advance!
Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most probably you created a rough stl file. I find best initially to put "chord height" to zero and accept the default when hitting the enter key. The lowest value us applied and this depends on the accuracy of the file. Id the model has lower accuracy the chord height comes small and in turn will give a finer stl file but also larger in bytes. You have to strike a balance if the file size is huge.

All STL files used by 3D printers are prismatic. None of them contain smooth curvatures, does not matter what software created them. As peppinu sain, you just have to set the cord height to an acceptably small value.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back