Creo Macro for Supressing Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilKa

Aerospace
Feb 3, 2023
CA
Hello,

I'm trying to create a Macro that creates a Family table for a part or an assembly and goes through all the Hole features in the Model tree and suppresses all CSK holes. I want to do this because I have a sheet metal part I would like to do FEA on and use the Shell Pair simplifaication which doesn't like countersinks.

I know in the Feature Information of Holes there's a Countersink Element Name column which I'm guessing can be used for this but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know that I have a lot of confidence the following will work. PTC did not spend a lot of effort in making ad hoc automation easy; they create the functions that are typically used.

See:
That said, if it can work -

The first step is to create a search/query that finds them all. Not sure how it can work in an assembly unless they are assembly level features, but for parts it should.

Go for the binoculars (pretty sure they will still use that) to search for that feature type. Once you have a working search you can save it.

It used to be that macros were just mapkeys, which are just replays of previously recorded actions. You might have to record creating the search/query and then select all the csk features with that search and suppress them and base the mapkey on that.

See:
The result of saving the query is to create a layer for those items. Really, PTC should have called it a list because that's how PTC uses them - as lists of items. In regular CAD an item can be only on one layer; with PTC an item can be on multiple lists.

After they are on a layer, then you may be able to open then instance and delete all the items on that layer. They will be marked suppressed in the family table for that instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back