Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creo2 M070 Reverts to Legacy Mode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

treddie

Computer
Dec 17, 2005
US
Hi.

I have a question about Creo2. I have many files that were created back in W4/W5, and all of them come into Creo2 and behave according to the new Creo GUI...No need to revert to Legacy mode as was used in Wildfire. But I have one file that has a Revolve feature w/ a relation, that for some reason when I edit it in Creo2, launches the old Legacy Mode GUI (which I assumed by now, was no longer required, or an option). I imagine there is something in the feature description that is still retaining some old info that Creo2 deems incompatible with the new interface. Does anyone have an idea as to what is happening here?

Thanks! :)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe there are a lot of feature types that will still revert to the old menu manager style interface if they were created in a release that is incompatible with the newer dashboard GUI. It seems inconceivable to me that the GUI is such an integral part to the feature definition that this has to happen but evidently that is the case. It seems that those of us with loads of legacy data will always face the menu manager popping up when we work with old data.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

Thanks, dgallup!

That IS strange that the GUI would pop-up since all the tools are still basically the same. Maybe it is some old code that never got updated.

At any rate, I think I found at least part of the reason Legacy was popping up...I had a Revolve feature that was poorly dimensioned in the original W5 file. Why it regened at all on opening the file is beyond me. But it had a line segment that was too small and once Sketcher was reopened in W5, it failed to regen then after. So I had to redo the Revolve in W5 (since I want to keep these files compatible with the older version). Once I did that, the Legacy GUI never popped back up when in Creo, when I opened the file there and went into Sketcher.

Treddie,

The WF4 or 5 revolve with relation may have been created while the new_relation_ui was set to NO. Try removing the equation for the revolve and save it and see if you can edit with the CreO 2 ui.

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

mjcole said:
The WF4 or 5 revolve with relation may have been created while the new_relation_ui was set to NO.

Is that an entry in the config file?

mjcole said:
Try removing the equation for the revolve and save it and see if you can edit with the CreO 2 ui.
Do you mean delete the relation so that the dimensions can be handled directly in Sketcher without the relation getting in the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back