Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cross Hatching Patterns - DOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckpang

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2001
GB
I need to cross hatch using a dot or cross shaped pattern. How do I create this? Changing the line styles so they look like dots will not work as they still print out as lines!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For a crossed shaped hatch, just create a regular hatch, click right mouse button on the hatch (2001), choose Properties, and then "add line". You can change the angle of each hatching line as you wish.
About bubbles and pebbles, I think there is no a direct way to do it, other than "cheating" somehow, or working around

im4cad
Pro Design Services, Inc.

Hello,

I have managed to create a dot font which prints out as dots. Here is how I did it.

select FORMAT and LINE FONT GALLERY, press NEW, enter a NAME, in COPY FROM select any current font. In the UNIT LENGTH enter 4, and in the FONT PATTERN enter - (followed by 20 spaces).

In the drawing select the Cross Hatch, change the LINE STYLE to your new name. In the spacing enter 2.5 and change the angle to 0.

Depending upon the number of dots you require you may need to play around with these values.

----------------------------------
Hope this helps.
----------------------------------

maybe only a drafter
but the best user at this company!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back