Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Reports - ETAP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAffoonnjjee

Electrical
Apr 10, 2017
FR
Good Day,
I installed ETAP v.19.0.1 on Windows 10 X64 and could not run any simulations. I'm seeing an error with crystal reports, "calculation aborted because of failure preparing crystal report". Does anyone know why I am seeing this error and how to fix it?

2021-10-01_111128_ajmcrz.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Offhand guess = it is trying to create a file in a folder that it has no permissions to do so; probably a temp folder on the C: drive.

It's interesting because I had this same version installed on my virtual machine on both Win 10 X64 and Win 7 x64 and did not see this error. Only when I installed it on my host machine is when I started to see these problems. Also, during the installation of ETAP on the host machine I saw an error about these crystal reports, I aborted the installation, re-started the PC and once again tried re-installing ETAP. I was able to install the 2nd time around only to find out that I can't run any report.
What exactly is the Crystal Reports? Just from looking online I found that it was designed by SAP to simplify viewing of reports. I tried installing their viewer but that didn't solve the problem.

The latest version of the software has a requirement for Crystal Reports runtime; I expect they decided to license a report generator rather than make their own.

As I said, it may be permissions.

That's what the tech support link is for.

There are people who can use windows debugging tools to chase down such things, but I've never had a good enough understanding - if you want to spend the time, here are links to the tools and the book to understand how to use them:

3DDave,
Thanks for your suggestions! The problem was with the cloud drive that I was using to open the project. Once I had copied the project folder to my disk drive the problem went away. Thanks again for the nudge in the right direction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back