Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSC Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBaseplate

Structural
May 31, 2011
Out of curiosity, has anyone used CSC structural softwares such as Tedd and Fastrack? A rep from the company has been calling me about these products and from the little web search I have done, they appear to be of UK origin.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have Tedds and a lot of our engineers like it and use it.

I haven't used it much other than some of their pre-written programs.

I like Tedds because it isn't a black box. The output includes step-by-step calculations. You can create your own calculation modules but I never seem to have time to do that. (Or even to figure out HOW to do that...)

I use Tedds, Like it but feel that CSC got me by the Balls. They do not publish their pricing and feel like going to a car dealership when buying. They will get you with the annual maintenance.

I have used fastrak and portal frame extensively. I can answer any specific questions you may have.

I feel the portal frame software is very good - the building designer software is good if you do a lot of scheme design with steel (it only does steel). Its good for stability and floor vibration too (within limits).

I can understand alihoops feelings (above).

I have used Tedds and like. For those of you that have used Tedds, do you write your own equations? I have started to do so and like this feature, but then again we don't have mathcad.

EIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back