Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSDMG and CSMAXSCRT plots not giving out data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adonis12

Mechanical
May 6, 2016
US
Dear all
I'm having a slight issue producing CSDMG and CSMAXSCRT outputs. The output is not showing any data. The model I have consists of a composite panel and composite stringers attached with a cohesive layer. CSDMG and CSMAXSCRT have been selected for my output. I also have MAXS damage values specified for the cohesive elements, and hashin used for the composite parts. The cohesive elements have been tied to both surfaces. Do you have any idea why the contours are not giving me any values?
Thank you in advance.
Adonis

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2c508cb6-d3bf-4368-a85f-aac3ffdd19d7&file=669-B.cae
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have to use *Contact, print and assign a surface to request the output (at some frequency) as a field output (or frame .. to visualize the results) or history output.
If you did that correctly, then you must select the correct output to visualize in Abaqus/Viewer.

If you made no mistakes in either of the two above, then there is no data in the ODB to report which suggests there is a modeling issue that needs to be fixed.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back