Status
Not open for further replies.

Imran Structural Engineer

Civil/Environmental
Jun 8, 2021
PK
thread802-478021
Hello
I need help regarding CSi API. I want use database tables with, I'm doing my inputs and output correctly, yet i'm getting this error. "No method 'GetAvailableTables' with matching signature found for class 'CSiBridge1.cDatabaseTables'." even though i checked using methods command and everything seems fine. This is what is wrote
[ret,NumberTables,TableKey,TableName,ImportType]=cDatabaseTables.GetAvailableTables
Is there anything wrong with it ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

are u using python, the code I use is

Python:
table_data=SapModel.DatabaseTables.GetAvailableTables();

To get the table for editing, you need your table key such as table_key='Area Assignments - Floor Auto Mesh Options'

Python:
table_data=SapModel.DatabaseTables.GetTableForEditingArray(table_key,'');

The to push that table back into etabs after you have edited the values you need to

Python:
SapModel.DatabaseTables.SetTableForEditingArray(TableKey,TableVersion,FieldsKeysIncluded,NumberRecords,TableData);

ret_val=SapModel.DatabaseTables.ApplyEditedTables(True);
print(ret_val[-2]);

@rscassar
I'm using MATLAB. I don't know what might be wrong. table_data might be python specific and not working in MATLAB. I've attached image of syntax from CSi's guide.
Screenshot_2022-08-02_133337_myzg7z.jpg

My output parameters are right. Still it returns error

@rscassar
It returns following error
No method 'GetAllTables' with matching signature found for class 'CSiBridge1.cDatabaseTables'.
However when I check methods by using methods(cDatabaseTables) it contains get all tables.I'll attach picture below.
matlabCapture_pke12c.jpg

and the error is in picture below
matlab1Capture_ogoohv.jpg

this time I was using GetAllTables instead of get available tab;e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back