Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSi Bridge Introductory Example Not displaying BENT correctly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qshake

Structural
Jul 12, 2000
US
Hi All - I have just completed the CSiBridge introductory example for a two span post-tensioned concrete box girder and for the most part didn't have any issues. One issue that perplexes me is that I specified a three column bent as the example notes and is shown in the example but my model only shows one column graphically. I tried increasing the number of columns and still no luck. I entered a value of zero for the columns and the single column did go away. I would have expected an error message for lack of support but didn't get one. Also I'm have difficulty getting any area or solid rendering. All I get is frame elements. THe example has graphics showing a solid model rendering. I have followed the example to the step and expected to see the same.

I would appreciate any input from veteran CSi Bridge users on this matter. I am using v16.

Thanks

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]
Eng-Tips Forums:Real Solutions for Real Problems Really Quick.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Qshake, I'm definitely not a veteran user of CSiBridge, but I do know a little about SAP2000 and our company owns some V16 CSiBridge licenses that I have access to. I didn't use a tutorial, but I did dink around with CSiBridge using the wizard and was able to add a 3-column bent and render/extrude it as shown in the attached pdf. Knowing SAP2000 helps, because CSiBridge offers similar functionality.. although CSiBridge seems to have moved buttons and menus to different places as compared to SAP. So it takes some getting used to.

You can model SAP-style without the bridge wizard by right-clicking to add some grids, then bouncing between Advanced, Home and Components tabs. Advanced tab has draw and assign options familiar to SAP users.

There's also a pull-down arrow at the top of the screen that appears to let you do some customizing of buttons shown on the toolbar to more easily access things like undo/redo, Set display options, select, etc.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f51eb012-02bc-4935-9193-b6cba5eb7873&file=CSiBridge.pdf
Thanks stressed. That reminder about the extrusion in the display prompt was what I needed for the rendering. The column issues still stands and I've sent the file to tech support at CSI. I'll post what they say.

Thanks.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]

Ok, so what I learned is that "user error" occurs more often than not. It turns out that I misinterpreted the entry for the column spacing and had all columns at the same distance. So they were in effect overlying on each other. What's not obvious in the input is that the column distance is measured from the left edge of beam cap.

Thanks.

Regards,
Qshake
[pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back