Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSIBridge/SAP2000 : Error in reading section cut results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnasRyo

Civil/Environmental
Mar 7, 2016
MA
Hello fellow engineers,

First of all im a French student so i dont know the exact english words for the technical terms i'm about to use.
Im a student working on a final year projet which is a bridge with 3 modules (3 continuous decks, I Girder),
lets say for example i have 2 Load Patterns(Charge Fixe + Charge Amovible), once i launch the analysis i can show the results of the 2 Load Patterns, but the problem is once i choose to show the Combination result (lets say : 1*Charge Fixe+1*Charge Amovible) i get this error "Error in reading section cut results".

I've looked online, sap2000/csibridge manuals but i can't find the slighest clue on my problem.

I've taken some screenshots of my problem, Thanks in advance !

Charge_Fixe_icyjan.png

Charge_Amovible_soaxxy.png

Probl%C3%A8me_Combinaison_w4qxwf.png

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would guess that there might be a unit difference in the 2 graphs. Looking at the graphs, they're identical in shape, but it appears that the magnitude is different looking at the Min/Max values.

Hello, thanks for taking time to read my problem and answer me, really nice of you.
both the units are kiloNewton, metre, celecius,and yes both the graphs are identical in shape, however their values are way different,
Graph1: Max=12882,989 & Min=-13566,04
Graph2: Max=5285,9821 & Min=-5614,83

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back