Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CSV to Intouch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutttt

Electrical
Nov 10, 2003
GB
How do I get time stamped data from a logger/RTU into my trends on an Intouch or similar SCADA? assuming the system connects via GSM every 24hrs. Is there a program out there to integrate the csv into sql?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The short answer to "Is there a program out there to integrate the csv into SQL", is yes.

Applications such as Wonderware's Historian (InSQL), do allow for importing data from a csv file, and I have used it to do just that.
In the case of WW Historian, the data in the csv must adhere to a strict format, so a csv file generated by a third party may have to be massaged a little, or alot... before it can be imported.
Applications such as Historian, don't come cheap though, so depending on the scope of your project, it may or may not be an option.

There are other applications and methods available though.
SQL Server allows for the bulk import of data, so this may be an option if you are using SQL server.
GE Fanuc offers a free Historian, which might work for a limited amount of tags, I haven't ever tried it.
And there is always scripting, if you are up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back