Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

CTD on moving of Parts List

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechEng13

Mechanical
Apr 24, 2003
US
Folks hope someone can shed some light on this.

I have a repeatable CTD. I zoom in close to the lower left corner of my drawings to move the part list coincident to the corner and as soon as I grab the corner of the Parts List I go straight to the desktop. I have had this occur on 3 different occasions with 2 different drawings.

Running IV8
on a severely underpowered workstation

Dual PII 450Mhz
392 M Ram (although there is 512, doesn't recognize one bar)
GeForce 2 Mx400 with 4.1.0.9 drivers (approved by ADesk)

I've sent in the error reports all 3 times....no help so far.

Alan M. Etzkorn [machinegun] [elk]
Product Engineer
Nixon Tool Co.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have RAM that is not being recognized this can cause instability if it tries to write to these sticks. If it's not being recognized pull it out until you get a new one.

Bug reports are logged. Don't expect to be contacted by ADSK unless it's a major issue that many users have.

Have you ever been called by Microsoft on one of the crash reports you've sent it? :)

Sean Dotson, PE
Inventor Tutorials & More

Sean,

I'll try to get that bar out....company won't let me do it myself.

As for the CTD it's odd that I can zoom in to the full parts list and move it with no problem...but if I zoom into the extreme lower corner....bye bye IV...Hello Desktop.

Hopefully I can persuade the powers that be to invest in a new tower for me. It's awful expensive for them to pay me while my box is chugging away for 5 mins or more every time I make a change and have to update the part or assembly.

Thanks for the help so far.

Product Engineer
Nixon Tool Co.

Will do....

of course I would also love to hear that IV is capable of having Parts list size to the Sheet size so I can have One drawing file. I do fixture design and a great deal of my fixtures have subs within the main assm....I have to have parts lists for each sub and having to do different drawings because the main is a D size and some of the subs are A-size will be a HUGE problem for me.

Product Engineer
Nixon Tool Co.

Well once again I zoom in close to the lower left corner of a Parts Lists. Try to Grab the marker to drag and instant CTD...

I hope Adesk is investigating this....causes me at least 30mins everytime.

Product Engineer
Nixon Tool Co.

Ok, I have now done a repair install. Opened IV after a restart. Opened and existing file with a parts list in it, zoomed into lower left corner....grab to drag...and hello desktop...I'm looking at a complete un/reinstall next.

Product Engineer
Nixon Tool Co.

I saw that Kevin replied to you in the Autodek NG. Apparently he was able to reproduce it. He is one of the Product Managers at ADSK. If he can reproduce it you know it will gwt fixed. Kevin is a real good guy.

The bad news is you'll have to live with it until a hot fix comes out.

Strange that I can't reproduce it.

Sean Dotson, PE
Inventor Tutorials & More

Thanks for the the word of encouragement Sean.

It's not an overly large problem other than I cant really get it in the corner like i want it. You would think that there would be a way to "anchor" the parts list to a corner previously specified. That would be the easiest way and wouldn't require trying to place it just were it needs to be.

Anyway...hope the fix comes out soon...thanks again for all your help...I'm sure I'll need it again in the future.

Product Engineer
Nixon Tool Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back