Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cube Sat program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgler

Electrical
Dec 10, 2003
US
has anyone been involved in making a Cube Satellite., they are tiny 10 centimeter cubes (2.5" on a side)?

There's a program requesting low frequency antennas of very high gain at 300 mHz and I'm curious how one would attach a spring loaded antenna to these cubes, or what the mechanism to deploy antennas would be on a cube sat.

any experience would be appreciated.

thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

The CubeSat program is very large and successful. The guy who got it all started is Bob Twiggs at Stanford. If you need links, contact info, and so on, please reply and I'll dig up more information.

It does look like a good program. I bet Bob had to beat on people to get it in the door. Good idea's aren't always warmly received.

we proposed new antennas for the cubesat. I wondered how to deploy them. They'll be spring loaded pop outs. Haven't heard if we've won yet.

Contact info would be appreciated. I'd actually like the mechanical details on how present antennas pop out of a cubesat.

thanks,
kch

hello.

pls i am undertaking a project in constructing a cubesat onboard comms system. wondering if anyone could help me out with how to go about the antenna design....how do i incorporate an antenna into such a small system

Turaki,
Did you just win a contract for this?

My company proposed to add a high gain low frequency antenna onto a CubeSat, still awaiting word if we won the bid.

Hopefully, we'll be doing the same thing you are asking about.

Did you design your antenna yet?
Which CubeSat size are you using 1X or 3X?

kch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back