Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Curb Inlet Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsiraw

Civil/Environmental
Mar 1, 2006
US
I am currently working on a lane widening project which is about a quarter of a mile long.Reading through the 1994 Maryland Storm water Management Design Standards, I came to realize that Curb Inlet protection is to be used only as a secondary measure and for drainage areas less than 1/4 Ac.

Can anyone point me out where I can find infomation as to what other measures can be used in cases where the drainage area is greater than 1/4 acres?Can you think of any other method to meet MDE guidelines?

Thanks for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Curb Inlet Protection is a temporary sediment control measure installed around Curb Inlets during the constrcution phase so as to protect the inlets from excessive silt and other sediment loading due to the land disturbace.

I am trying to see if there is another method that is in practice for erosion and sediment control around curb/combination inlets for cases where the disturbed area is larger than 1/4 AC.

Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back