Currey's Landing Gear Book Leaf Spring Design Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkwing

Mechanical
Dec 10, 2004
TR
Hi,
I've been trying to udnerstand the spring gear design example in Norman Currey's "Aircraft Landing Gear" design on page 87 without success. I began thinking of something amiss in the example.

By the way, anybody heard of K. S. Coward's methodology in "a very old issue (date unknown) of Aero Digest". I will be glad if anyone can send me that methodology.

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Drkwing,

What specifically is your question? After looking at the deflection equation, little 'e' should be capital 'E' for the material modulus of elasticity. Also, P1 is not defined, but appears to be P1=Pcos(theta).

The strength equation is nothing more than flat plate bending at the root of the gear (fb=6M/bt^2).

I hope this helps,

Hombre

Hey Hombre,

My problem is with the example solution on pp87 (next page).

- In the problem, W, W/A (for sink speed calculation), l, theta and Strength for Steel Fb are given. I want to know the formula for b calculation. I cant see where the number 0.0067 is coming from.

- Also using that b value calculated with help of the figure, how does he find out the Wr value as 3.3. Cause there are only fixed value curves like 3,4,5... for Wr.

Thanks for your help.

Drkwing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back