Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Curve driven pattern.:?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You said your pattern stops when it hits a split in the line? I'd say you either need to use a second pattern command on the next line OR create a new curve using the two split ones. I don't know how happy the curve-pattern tool is with multiple line segments...

Use the Fit Spline under Tools > Spline Tools > Fit Spline to join several sketch entities into a single curve that a curve driven pattern can follow.

Hmm. I don't see the "Fit spline" tool, but maby that's only on splines it works? I'll try that.
I can make the curve patterr on a spline though. I think this will do. Thanks for you're help!

You can also use the Composite Curve function, in the Curves toolbar, to create a continuous entity from a sketch (or edges) consisting of line & arc segments. The Composite Curve can then be used as the path for the Curve Driven Pattern, providing adjacent segments are tangential..

The Fit Spline method is useful when non-tangetial segments make up the path of the Curve Driven Pattern.

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

All of these suggestions should work, but they're overkill. Instead of selecting the sketch from the display area, select the actual sketch icon from the FeatureTree or the FeatureTree Flyout Menu. This should fix your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back