Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

custom 321 piping 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdoak

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2012
US
Does anyone know a company that can do custom sized 321 stainless steel piping? Seamless preferred, but welding allowed if fully finished with smooth interior.

I need piping that will match up AS1895/12 flanges without any steps to disturb the flow path. Sizes I need are in inches below:

ID OD Length
1.450 1.687 22.5
1.950 2.187 30
2.440 2.687 37.5
3.410 3.687 52.5

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Eagle Stainless - Ed is a regular here and I can't help but point you his way (his company's helped me in the past)

Past that, google is your friend, or the Thomas Register search site, or Global Spec.

This could be done. We could start with a piece of 3 1/2"NPT sch 40 and cold draw these sizes. But you can't afford it. This is thousands of dollars of work.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Money really isn't an issue. The amount of money we will save getting our new flow stand set-up will more than cover the cost of the piping. It was originally proposed to have the entire thing made out of Inconel if that means anything haha

I can live with it btb.

mdoak, making a single piece of each size will be about as much work as running 1,000' would be. Having these bored and honed would less expensive. Even if you started with bar stock and gun drilled it.
In addition to Scot you might try Faxon Machine.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back