Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Custom Controller Vendor Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdk_imported

Mechanical
May 16, 2002
US
Hello, I'm looking for an automotive brushless dc motor controller vendor. The controller will be less than 1kw, operate a small motor at 20,000 rpm. The controller will operate at up to 450 VDC. Operate on hall sensor feedback. Must have CAN control capability. The vendor must be capable of supplying units in prototype quantities. I am interested in any/all leads. Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

blacksea, my Q exactly, not only that up to 1kW and 20KRPM?

Anyway, you could also try Industrial Indexing Systems, in Victor, NY. (iis-servo.com)

My experience with Halls has been somewhat disappointing; resolvers supply better data for the brushless DC apps I have seen.

BK

One question before I make a recomendation; what is the anticipated production quantities following the prototype stage?

Thanks for the feedback so far. Here is some additional information ... The controller will drive a fuel cell system component. Prototype quantities will be several hundred units. Hall sensors are adequate for speed control in this application. 1 kW and 20 Krpm are real. I'm not interested in servo-type controllers. I simply need speed control. Production quantities will depend on the success of fuel-cell cost reduction success. There will not be significant quantities for at least 5 years, if at all. Anticapated quantity over next 2-3 years is several hundred. A smaller company that that can customize an existing automotive controller design would the ideal fit for this application. Thanks again. -SDK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back